QPV has performed quality control tests on one of the world’s largest CIS technology photovoltaic power plants. These tests were performed as part of the purchase/sale process of the 66 MW power plant. The tests included:
- In situ calibration of reference photovoltaic modules, to be used as sensors of the operating conditions (incident irradiance in the generator plane and operating temperature of the cells).
- Evaluation of the condition of the photovoltaic modules. More than 850 undismantled modules were measured to determine their EMC power.
- Inverter performance analysis, both in terms of conversion efficiency and maximum power point tracking, AC signal quality, saturation and temperature behavior.
- The deployment of a radio communications network to collect data from the plant’s sensor system through a LoRa mesh network.
- The implementation of the PVET® service for the analysis and monitoring of the performance of the installation, the optimization of its long-term production and the reduction of the risks associated with its degradation.